Teaching exam comes in one of the popular exams. The exam happens at the state and national level for different colleges, and schools every year. It includes TET, NET and SET. The teaching jobs for candidates increase every year because it contains lots of facilities like good salary, security of a job and much more.
Candidates need to qualify for some exams or pass some eligibility criteria to become a teacher at the national or state level. In this article, we will see about teaching exam in India and their eligibility for different areas.
Information on different teaching exams
NET: The exam gets conducted nationally for candidates who want a position like JRF or assistant professorship. People who qualify for this exam are eligible to for applying in the government college of India. It’s conducted by NTA.
TET: It’s another exam which gets conducted nationally. It also gets conducted at the state level for state study centers. A person who qualifies for the exam is eligible to apply for any government school they want. The exam gets conducted for 9 to 12 teacher positions, and for candidates who want to become language teachers.
SET: The exam was conducted on a state level. The exams for posts like assistant professor. People also give the exam to pursue research at any particular university. Candidates can apply from any state for this exam. Most people go for this exam for the Assistant professor position.
All Teaching Exam Notification
|Kerala SET Exam 2023||Kerala TET 2023||Odisha TET 2023||HTET 2023|
|KARTET 2023||WB TET 2023||Assam SLET 2023||CTET 2023|
|REET Exam 2023||UGC NET 2023||HP TET||Other…|
Eligibility for different teaching exams
Here is information about the main teaching exams and their eligibility criteria: –
- CTET: The selection process is for central or state government schools. The first exam is for teachers who want to teach the first to five classes, and the second paper is for those who want to teach the sixth to eighth classes. Candidates can also appear on both papers.
- Candidates with a 50% percentage for the first exam in elementary education diploma are necessary for the second exam. A Bachelor’s degree with B.Ed. is a compulsory thing to give a teaching exam.
- TET: The exam gets conducted for state-level government schools. Eligibility for his exam can be different from other state exams. The state government can also decide to not conduct the TET exam because they already have the CTET option.
- NET: Minimum of 55% marks in masters is compulsory, and for reserved seat candidates, it’s 50%. A person who did a master’s and has a PhD degree gets 5% of relaxation in marks. People more than 30 years can’t apply for JRF position. 5 years of age relaxation is for women, transgender or SC, PWD, ST, OBC.
- PRT: Candidates who want to become a teacher of primary classes can go for this position. First, clear the 12, get a B.Ed. degree, and then go for the CTET or STET exams for the position.
- Candidates who apply for PGT, TGT OR PRT can also become a teacher in private schools.
- TGT: minimum age for this position is 21, and a B.Ed. degree is necessary. There is no information about the maximum age to apply for the TGT.
- PGT: People who are post graduate in masters can go for this. A B.Ed. degree is necessary for this post at a well know university. People more than 20 who match with eligibility criteria can go for this position.
How to pass the teaching exams
Most people join institutes or coaching centers for their preparation. There are some other ways present for better preparation: –
- Exam syllabus: Understand the whole pattern of the exam and syllabus, then start preparing according to the pattern. Take advice from other experts who clear their teaching exams, and know about the paper in detail.
- Competitive books: If you are fully prepared then go for competitive books. The books will help to enhance the knowledge, and give other information in detail which can help in passing the exam.
- Make notes: Always make a note of important points. Read those notes again and gain. This help to remember things even last time. Make note after a proper search, and after analyzing previous years appears.
- Study materials: It’s the most basic thing to start preparing for teaching exams. Buy a different popular study material for your teaching subject. Always go for study materials that are suggested by other teachers, or candidates who passed the teaching exam.
- Digital learning: It’s helpful for those who don’t want to prepare from coaching. They can buy a course digitally, and start preparing from it. Much information is present digitally on different platforms to study for teaching exams.
Conclusion of teaching exams
People go for the teaching exam after graduation because it’s basic eligibility. People can start preparing before graduation if they want to pass the exam on just the first try; it increases their chances of becoming teachers. People can visit official websites where exam forms get filled for better information.